Paddington House of Pancakes
[Paddington House of Pancakes]
City Square Mall
180 Kitchener Road
I'm a frequent shopper at City Square Mall but didn't really took notice of this restaurant until my friends chose this place for dinner. Paddington House of Pancakes was halal certified thus attracted mainly Malay customers. The whole place was packed during dinner time and we queued for 25mins to get a seat.
There were 100 items on the menu but we only managed to order these:
(1) Monaco $19
- Lamb shoulder marinated with herbs and grilled over the fire. Served with homemade zucchini onion pancakes, accompanied by mashed potato and yogurt mint sauce.
The lamb was sliced too thin, thus over-cooking causes the meat to taste tough and chewy. The herbs marinade managed to conceal partial of the mutton fats' stench but it's more perfect when you eat it with the yogurt mint sauce. For this dish, the zucchini & onion pancakes was the highlight. Pancakes were soft, with additional crunch from the zucchini and fragrant from the onions, it's more oomph having them alone.
(2) Mexican Double Burger $22
- This huge tower of meat was made up of 1 chicken and 1 lamb minced meat patty. You do have the choice to choose 2 patties of the same kind. Chicken minced meat patty was tender, flavourful with slight char on both sides. Lamb tastes slightly inferior because of the mutton odour and patty was abit dry too. Homemade buns used in this burger was actually called the "sesame puffins". It is rather bland, definitely a healthier choice and contains buckwheat too. Other ingredients such as pineapple ring, avocado slices, tomatoes, grilled cheese and gherkins are also part of this tall burger. Side was french fries and dip given was salsa.
(3) Nice $16
- Homemade crepes wrapped with turkey bacon, chicken, prawns, mushrooms and grilled mozerrella. Finished with creamy mushroom sauce drizzled on top. This is my favourite choice among the 3. The eggy crepes were very fragrant, having slight crisp on the outside, it's yum! Pairs really well with all the ingredients, I felt myself as if I'm enjoying cheesy thin crisp pizza!!
(4) Fruit Juice- Immune Zoom $7
- Fresh juice made up of Peach, apple, honeydew and cranberry. This combination tastes rather sweet but since it indicates to have "immune zoom" effect, I gulp the whole glass down without second thoughts.
Verdict: Food was average tasting and took more than 30mins to come. Ambience wasn't great too. The whole restaurant was really noisy during mealtime and not easy to chat with friends too. I admit pancakes, crepes are really their strengths but not the meat. It might take me very long time to come patronize again, unless it's for their pancake desserts.