Egg-citing Easter Experience at Street 50 restaurant
[Bay Hotel Singapore- Street 50 restaurant]
This year, Bay hotel Singapore's inhouse Street 50 restaurant collaborates with local farms to give their customers a very different Easter lunch experience. Specialty egg dishes were crafted using N & N farm pasteurized fresh eggs and also quail eggs from Uncle William's quail farm.
Easter Day "The Buffet Egg-Xperience" buffet lunch from 25-27 March 2016. Priced at S$38++ per adult and S$18++ per child (6-12yrs old). Plus 15% off adult pricing exclusively for DBS/POSB credit card cardmembers on both 26 and 27 March 2016.
That's not all, good news for Street50 customers: For every 4 paying adults, there will be a free Easter Egg Terrarium. Workshop for building these Easter egg terrarium were by well-trained instructors from Gardenasia, renowned for nature-inspired events.
We tried out some dishes from the buffet line.
(1) Chinese Cold Cut
- A typical plate of cold dish (冷盘) which we usually sees on the table in chinese restaurant or during wedding banquets. The highlight here were the fried quail eggs, chewy yet delicious. Rating 2/5
(2) 62 degree Soft-boiled Egg with Chicken essence
- My most love dish of the night. A 62 degrees soft-boiled egg on a bed of soft, smooth steamed egg base, topped off with Brand's chicken essence. A unique combination which I never tried before but this marriage was wonderful. Delicious and I felt energized after consuming this protein loaded dish. Rating 5/5
(3) Potato Salad with Pommery Mayonnaise
- A little surprise when this potato salad was served because it didn't really blend in with the chinese dishes before this. Nevertheless, it tasted decent but I wished they were on a bed of romaine lettuce and mixed nuts to have the extra crunch. Rating 2/5
(4) Braised Tofu with Crabmeat and Egg White
- A lightweight dish with homely taste, comfort food for me. The seafood freshness from crabmeat were the key factor to the savoury gravy and egg white made the whole tofu dish more smooth. Rating 4/5
(5) Scotch Egg
- Eggs were too well done and texture was very dry. Meat was bland and mustard provided didn't help at all. I suggest to skip this.
(6) Over-Roasted Chicken with Quail Egg and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- The spiciness of this tomato sauce was mild to me but I do like the smokey aftertaste. Chunks of chicken breast meat were abit dry so it's best to go with more gravy to balance it. Quail eggs tasted great and chewy on its own. Rating 3/5
(7) XO Fried rice with Crabmeat
- My the other loved dish apart from the 62 degrees soft-boiled egg. You could smell the fragrance of this fried rice even before it touches the table. Fried rice tasted very homely, just like how my mummy would have prepared it and rice texture 粒粒分明. Scoop some sambal chilli from the prawn dish and take together with this fried rice. It will definitely up your taste palate. Rating 4/5
(8) Sambal Prawn with Quail Egg
- Sambal chilli used for these prawns were good enough to give me the spicy kick! Prawns were also fresh and firm, I totally don't mind consuming more pieces :) Enough said about the quails eggs as a few dishes mentioned above have them. Rating 4/5
** Overall experience was pleasant, most important was great company with a group of foodie friends. Food were decent but could be better. Service was good and price was reasonable. Most fun part was building my own terrarium and knowing a lot facts about eggs. **
🚩Street 50 Restaurant and Bar
Bay Hotel Singapore
50 Telok Blangah Road
Dining reservations: +65 68186681
Opens daily 6.30am to 10.30pm
[This was an invited tasting session]